Posted in | News | Diamond

Afri-Can Marine Minerals to Begin Geophysical Survey on Marine Diamond Concession in Nambia

Canadian company Afri-Can Marine Minerals and International Mining and Dredging Holding will begin a geophysical survey on Exclusive Prospecting Licence 3403 marine diamond concession located in Namibia on April 28, 2012. Thyme Investments owns the Exclusive Prospecting Licence 3403.

Afri-Can Marine Minerals will perform a geophysical survey, which will take approximately 16 days and will cover about 1,400 line-km. The geophysical survey will cover 1, 2 and 3 depositional areas that are defined by prior sampling programs, and also cover 90 km2 in the south end of Exclusive Prospecting Licence 3403. Through this survey, the company intends to model the geology and define the deposits’ boundaries to plan a second sampling phase. Thos sampling phase will provide resource evaluation for successive trial mining.

Additionally, Afri-Can Marine Minerals will purchase 100% of Thyme shares, and will get a 20% stake in Thyme by performing a geophysical survey and by issuing 20% of 65 M of its shares to Thyme. Furthermore, Afri-Can Marine Minerals will receive the remaining 80% of Thyme shares by carrying out a sampling campaign and issuing the remaining 80% of the 65 M of its shares to Thyme.

The Exclusive Prospecting Licence 3403 covers 800 km2 and is located towards north of the Atlantic One Mining Lease 47. This Mining Lease is owned by Namdeb Diamond, a joint partnership between De Beers Centenary and the Government of the Republic of Namibia. De Beers is the largest marine diamond deposit in the globe. Atlantic One Mining Lease 47 generates over 1,100,000 carats per annum.

Furthermore, Mauritius-based Trinity Assets Management International and Afri-Can Marine Minerals have agreed on a brokered private placement through which Trinity Assets will receive 5% of the private placement.

Source: http://www.afri-can.com/

Joel Scanlon

Written by

Joel Scanlon

Joel relocated to Australia in 1995 from the United Kingdom and spent five years working in the mining industry as an exploration geotechnician. His role involved utilizing GIS mapping and CAD software. Upon transitioning to the North Coast of NSW, Australia, Joel embarked on a career as a graphic designer at a well-known consultancy firm. Subsequently, he established a successful web services business catering to companies across the eastern seaboard of Australia. It was during this time that he conceived and launched News-Medical.Net. Joel has been an integral part of AZoNetwork since its inception in 2000. Joel possesses a keen interest in exploring the boundaries of technology, comprehending its potential impact on society, and actively engaging with AI-driven solutions and advancements.

Citations

Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:

  • APA

    Afri-Can Marine Minerals Corp.. (2019, February 18). Afri-Can Marine Minerals to Begin Geophysical Survey on Marine Diamond Concession in Nambia. AZoMining. Retrieved on November 30, 2023 from https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=6271.

  • MLA

    Afri-Can Marine Minerals Corp.. "Afri-Can Marine Minerals to Begin Geophysical Survey on Marine Diamond Concession in Nambia". AZoMining. 30 November 2023. <https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=6271>.

  • Chicago

    Afri-Can Marine Minerals Corp.. "Afri-Can Marine Minerals to Begin Geophysical Survey on Marine Diamond Concession in Nambia". AZoMining. https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=6271. (accessed November 30, 2023).

  • Harvard

    Afri-Can Marine Minerals Corp.. 2019. Afri-Can Marine Minerals to Begin Geophysical Survey on Marine Diamond Concession in Nambia. AZoMining, viewed 30 November 2023, https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=6271.

Tell Us What You Think

Do you have a review, update or anything you would like to add to this news story?

Leave your feedback
Your comment type
Submit