QUEENSTON MINING INC. ("Queenston or the Company") is pleased to announce results from 73 surface diamond drill holes (14,963 m) from the 100% owned Bidgood gold property located in Kirkland Lake, Ontario.
This phase of drilling has been successful in extending the South Zone, exploring the shallow and deep potential of the North Zone and furthering definition of the gap area located between the North and South Zones. Multiple vein sets have been intersected in the drilling with 76% of the holes encountering significant gold values.
Highlights from the drilling include:
- 2.6 g/t Au over 38.0 m (incl. 12.2 g/t Au over 0.8 m, 17.0 g/t Au over 1 m) in BG12-264
- 1.5 g/t Au over 22.4 m (incl. 17.7 g/t Au over 0.9 m) in BG12-202A
- 31.2 g/t Au over 3.0 m (incl. 145.0 g/t Au over 0.6 m) in BG12-231
- 29.3 g/t Au over 3.1 m (incl. 40.3 g/t Au over 2.2 m) in BG12-240
- 21.8 g/t Au over 3.5 m (incl. 67.8 g/t Au over 1.0 m) in BG12-229
- 20.4 g/t Au over 1.7 m (incl. 47.3 g/t Au over 0.7 m) and 65.0 g/t Au over 0.8 m in BG12-227
- 13.1 g/t Au over 2.2 m and 7.1 g/t Au over 6.5 m (incl. 15.4 g/t Au over 2.7 m) in BG12-234
- 3.9 g/t Au over 18.5 m (incl. 39.6 g/t Au over 1.5 m) in BG12-239
- 31.5 g/t Au over 0.6 m in BG12-216
- 6.5 g/t Au over 5.3 m (incl. 25.4 g/t Au over 1.1 m) in BG11-87
- 24.8 g/t Au over 2.0 m (incl. 86.1 g/t Au over 0.5 m) in BG12-87W3
- 2.8 g/t Au over 13.1 m (incl. 5.0 g/t Au over 2.3 m) and 19.3 g/t Au over 0.9 m, BG12-87W1
- 3.1 g/t Au over 7.9 m, 1.9 g/t Au over 10.4 m and 23.7 g/t Au over 0.6 m, in BG12-253A
- 36.8 g/t Au over 0.8 m in BG12-254
The recent phase of drilling results is listed in Table 1 accompanying this news release. Figure 1 is a plan showing location of the drill holes and is available on the Company web site at www.queenston.ca.
Charles Page, President and CEO of Queenston states, "Two drills continue to define a swarm of both near surface and deeper gold bearing veins at the Bidgood project that now extends over an area measuring 300 m long and 600 m wide. Not only does the drilling expand the pit potential at the South Zone but also improves the potential for both pit and underground resources at the North Zone where consistent results display continuity of the veins. Bidgood, combined with our 100% owned Upper Canada, Anoki and McBean gold deposits, provides a long-term source of feed for a central milling facility anchored by the high-grade Upper Beaver project. Queenston is advancing Upper Beaver to the underground exploration stage and is currently preparing the site to collar a new 1,300 metre deep shaft."