Aben Resources Ltd. is pleased to announce it will be carrying out a Phase 1 Field Program consisting of a ground-based electromagnetic (EM) survey this summer on its 40% owned Mann Lake Uranium Project.
The property is strategically located on the east side of the Athabasca Basin 25 km southwest of Cameco's McArthur River Mine and 15 km northeast and along strike of Cameco's Millennium uranium deposit.
Aben's Mann Lake property is also adjacent to the Mann Lake Joint Venture operated by Cameco (52.5%) with partners Denison Mines (30%) and AREVA (17.5%). Recently, Denison acquired International Enexco and its 30% interest in the Mann Lake Joint Venture after the 2014 winter drill program discovered high-grade, basement-hosted uranium mineralization. The drill program intersected 2.31% eU3O8 over 5.1 metres including 10.92% eU3O8 over 0.4 metres (see International Enexco News Release dated March 10th 2014).
Mann Lake Uranium Project Map:
EMpulse Geophysics of Dalmeny, Saskatchewan will conduct a ground EM survey beginning in August. The natural source transient magnetotelluric survey will consist of a block of 4 profiles totaling 10 km of coverage using the Internal Field Gradient ("IFG") technique. The survey will focus on a zone in the southern portion of the Mann Lake property where a favourable, 2 km long aeromagnetic low coincides with possible basement conductor trends indicated by prior ground EM surveys. The objective is to generate one or more basement conductor targets in a setting proximal to the recent high-grade discovery made by Cameco and International Enexco back in March.
Phase 1 EM Survey at the Mann Lake Uranium Project:
About the Mann Lake Uranium Project:
The Mann Lake Uranium Project consists of one mineral claim covering 3,473 hectares located in the eastern Athabasca Basin in northern Saskatchewan. The property is under a joint venture agreement with Skyharbour Resources (TSX VENTURE:SYH) owning 60% and Aben owning the remaining 40% interest in the property. It occurs within a structural/conductor corridor that contains the richest uranium deposits in the world including Cameco's McArthur River Mine.
Aben's Mann Lake Uranium Project has seen over $3 million of previous exploration expenditures including geophysics and two diamond drill programs totaling 5,400 metres carried out by Triex Minerals in 2006 and 2008. The geophysical surveys identified basement conductors and structural corridors containing reactivated basement faults. These features trend onto the adjacent ground held by Cameco. The 2006 drill program intersected a 4.5 metre wide zone of anomalous boron (up to 1,758 ppm) in the sandstone immediately above the unconformity in hole MN06-005. Boron enrichment is common at the McArthur River uranium mine, and along with illite and chlorite alteration, is a key pathfinder element for uranium deposits in the Basin. In the same drill hole, an altered basement gneissic rock with abundant clay, chlorite, hematite and calc-silicate minerals was intersected about 7.6 metres below the unconformity, and contained anomalous uranium up to 73.6 ppm over a 1.5 metre interval. Background uranium values are commonly between 1 and 5 ppm.
Aben's Mann Lake Uranium Project contains highly prospective geology and geochemistry, and a robust discovery potential as identified by the historic work. Additional field work and exploration has been recommended on a number of untested targets on the property.
The technical information in this news release has been prepared in accordance with the Canadian regulatory requirements set out in National Instrument 43-101 and reviewed and approved by Richard Kusmirski, P.Geo., M.Sc., Skyharbour's Head Technical Advisor and a Director, as well as a qualified person.
About Aben Resources:
Aben Resources Ltd. is a Canadian gold-silver-tungsten and uranium exploration company with projects in the Yukon, NWT and Saskatchewan's Athabasca Basin.
For further information on Aben Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:ABN), visit our Company's website at www.abenresources.com.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
JAMES G. PETTIT, President