True North Gems Inc. is pleased to provide a development update at the Aappaluttoq mine site in SW Greenland.
Mobilization of equipment for True North's Aappaluttoq Ruby and Pink Sapphire project commenced on September 23, 2014 . LNS Greenland A/S has mobilized very efficiently and True North is extremely impressed at the progress of development achieved by LNSG in such a short time period.
Initial site construction activities have now commenced, including:
- Upgrading and winterization of the current exploration camp;
- Installation of a small construction camp at the outer port;
- Construction of a temporary safety compliant explosives depot;
- The fabrication of the landing dock;
- Development of a 1.5 kilometer construction route from the outer port toward the main camp site;
- Heavy equipment including haul trucks, a blasting drill rig, front end loaders and excavators are on site and active;
- Blasting to prepare the permanent camp site, helipad area and the future road network;
The construction crews are entirely comprised of Greenlandic workers, fully demonstrating the joint venture's commitment to local empowerment as required under the Impact Benefit Agreement ("IBA") with the Municipality and local communities. True North Gems Greenland A/S ("TNGG") has also recently retained the services of a highly experienced Greenlandic civil engineer to oversee the construction management of the project.
"We are very pleased with the significant progress on construction, the increase in the depth of skills within our group, and the high levels of local employment in the construction crews," the Managing Director of True North Gems Greenland A/S, Mr. Bent Olsvig Jensen, stated.
Progress reports will be issued periodically and updates to the Company website will occur as mine development milestones are achieved. Initially, we anticipate these to include:
- Delivery and commissioning of the mobile primary crusher;
- Commencement of mine camp construction;
- Construction of a basic roadway between the mine camp and the upper mine-site;
- Lowering the water level in the Aappaluttoq Lake;
This news release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any of the securities in the United States. The securities have not been and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "U.S. Securities Act") or any state securities laws and may not be offered or sold within the United States or to U.S. Persons unless registered under the U.S. Securities Act and applicable state securities laws or an exemption from such registration is available.