Westhaven Ventures Inc. is pleased to announce drilling has begun on its newly acquired 10,871 hectare Prospect Valley gold property, located on the Spences Bridge Gold Belt (SBGB) approximately 30 kilometres to the west of Merritt, B.C.
Gren Thomas, Westhaven's President & CEO, states, “Previous exploration has discovered gold mineralization across multiple target areas on this large property. This inaugural drill program for Westhaven will target the Early Fault Zone, where historic shallow drilling was successful at intersecting wide intervals of potentially economic gold grades. It is management's belief that the potential for higher grade gold could increase at depth and down-dip from the known gold mineralization previously intersected."
The drill program will consist of approximately 1,500 metres of diamond drilling with the goal to further expand and outline the extent of the epithermal gold system present on the property. To date, the majority of the drilling has targeted the west-dipping Early Fault Zone (EFZ), the controlling structure at the South and North Discovery zones. The program will mainly test the down-dip extension of the Early Fault Zone, which remains open to the west. In addition, the southeastward continuation of the magnetic low and corresponding gold in soil anomaly south of the Discovery zones will also be tested by drilling.
Prospect Valley Gold Property
The property covers 10,871 hectares, encompassing a number of structurally controlled epithermal gold prospects with potential to host bulk tonnage and/or high grade vein deposits. Mineralogical and alteration studies indicate potential for a high grade gold system at depth. It is road-accessible, three-hour drive from Vancouver, in proximity to good infrastructure and logistics.
Past Drilling Highlights:
- DDH-2006-21 returned 45.70m of 1.44g/t gold including:
- 4.60m grading 4.38g/t gold and 8.90m grading 2.03g/t gold.
- DDH-2007-01 returned 61.40m of 0.70g/t gold and 4.70g/t silver.
- DDH-2007-02 returned 32.20m of 1.40g/t gold and 9.70g/t silver.
- DDH-2007-05 returned 6.71m of 3.62 g/t gold including:
- 1.33m grading 12.20 g/t gold and 24.30 g/t silver.
- PV-10-08 returned 68.69m of 0.89g/t gold including:
- 32.64m of 1.32g/t gold and 7.53m grading 2.93 g/t gold.