Inventus Mining Corp. takes pleasure in offering the details about recent metallurgical work on its 100% owned Pardo property 65 km northeast of Sudbury, Ontario. SGS Canada carried out the test work at its metallurgical laboratory in Lakefield, Ontario.
Image credit: SORAYA PA/shutterstock.com
The metallurgical test work was performed on a typical mineralized conglomerate from the 007 Zone (the “Test Sample”) where the initial phase of bulk sampling was scheduled.
- The head grade of the Test Sample was 6.4 g/t gold.
- Gravity concentration alone yielded 42.8% gold recovery at a 0.08% mass pull and a concentrate grade of 3087 g/t gold.
- Flotation and gravity together yielded 95.2% gold recovery at a 5% mass pull, with a tail assay of 0.3 g/t gold.
- Environmental test work on the gravity and flotation tails returned <0.05% sulfur and showed residues would not probably be acid generating.
- These findings are extremely encouraging since it demonstrates that gravity and flotation processing is perhaps the preferred treatment method and well manages potential environmental problems.
Our objective with this work was to demonstrate that material from Pardo can be processed at a verity of process facilities. We discovered that low cost gravity plus flotation is highly effective at producing two gold concentrates that would be readily marketable, and that any environmental concerns about the resulting tailings are alleviated.
Stefan Spears, Chairman and CEO, Inventus Mining Corp.