Inventus Mining Corp, a Canadian exploration company, takes pleasure in offering an exploration update for its wholly-owned Sudbury 2.0 and Pardo Projects.
- At the Cobalt Hill gold-cobalt-nickel target, three diamond drill holes summing 820 m have been completed so far. All three holes intersected the target sulfide-bearing quartz breccia unit further explained below.
- At the Pardo gold project, shipment of the 6,000-ton bulk sample is in progress. The outcomes continue to be anticipated in March.
Sudbury 2.0 – Cobalt Hill Target
The core obtained from the first three finished drill holes at Cobalt Hill has been prepared, and 273 samples have been sent to the laboratory for testing. Assay results are predicted to come in three to eight weeks.
All the holes have sectioned the target sulfide-bearing quartz breccia comprising largely of pyrite within chlorite, quartz and carbonate veins that is visually analogous to the unit in hole CH-21-02 drilled last year that intersected 300 ppm nickel, 900 ppm cobalt and 7 m of 4.4 g/t gold inside a larger mineralized interval. At present, a fourth hole is in progress and is designed to test the mineral system at a depth greater than 250 m.
Listed below is a summary of the first three holes that are completed.
- Hole CH-22-01 (dip −70°) – Intersected a 31-m interval of quartz breccia from 143 to 174 m down hole. The breccia unit and the alteration below it included an average of 3% sulfide.
- Hole CH-22-02 (dip −45°) – Two intersections of quartz breccia encountered from 39 to 67 m (28 m) and from 90 to 124 m (34 m) down hole. The breccia units consisted of an average of 8% sulfide.
- Hole CH-22-03 (dip −70°) – Undercut the sulfide breccia in CH-22-02. The hole sectioned a 182-m zone of quartz breccia from 130 to 312 m down hole. The breccia units contained 2.5% sulfide on average.
Such observations seem to be preliminary in nature and do not show the existence of gold, nickel or cobalt in the gathered core samples. True thicknesses as yet are unknown. Assay results will be reported when they are available.
Pardo – 007 Zone Bulk Sample
Huge sample shipments are progressing well with 1,400 tons delivered to the Redstone Mill in Timmins so far. The Company anticipates shipments to end in mid-February. Milling of the sample will begin as soon as the results that are expected in March are obtained.