The exploration schedule for 2023 was presented by Red Pine Exploration Inc. The projected program will be focused on the area surrounding the Surluga and Minto deposits and will be a successor of the drill operations from 2021 to 2022.
Proposed Exploration Program for 2023
- With an anticipated program averaging 3,600 to 4,400m of drilling per month, the company will immediately boost drilling to include two drills on site
- Approximately 20,000 m of diamond drilling will be done as part of the program, which will be based on the most recent funding and will be directed at the locations with the best likelihood of materially progressing an updated resource
- It is envisaged that the updated resource will take into account both a pit and an underground limited development scenario
- 90% of the drilling will be done on exploration targets with pit constraints that are present in the immediate area and surrounding areas
- The remaining drilling will be used for exploratory targets that are either outside of the area shown in Figure 1 or at vertical depths of more than 500 m
For the company, the drilling campaign will mark an important turning point in its efforts to update the mineral resource and give a clearer picture of the geological targets.
Demonstrating which gold zones have strong indicators of size and continuity that should be included in an optimized mineral resource and support an economic assessment, will serve to show which gold zones have important exploration potential.
Exploration Targets That Will Be the Focus of the 2023 Drilling Program
- The Minto B Shear Zone, Minto C Shear System, Minto Mine Shear Zone, strategic infill and verification drilling in the Jubilee Shear Zone, Old Tom Vein Network, and untested sections of the Jubilee Shear Zone HW across the 65 zones are all being tested concurrently with ± 45% of the total meterage
- ± 35% of the total meterage to test the HW of the Jubilee Shear Zone (Pit Constrained Exploration Target)
- The Surluga North Vein Network, the Surluga North Discovery in the Jubilee Shear Zone, and strategic infill in the northern extension of the JSZ will be tested to the extent of ± 20% to turn the exploration targets in that region into mineral resources
Exploration Permit PR-23-000112
Red Pine has been granted permission to drill on 11 new mining claims to the west of the Jubilee Shear as part of the exploration of the Wawa Gold Property.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Measures
Drill core samples were shipped in securely sealed containers to Actlabs in Ancaster, Ontario, for analysis. Each sample was given a label before being packed in a plastic bag. After that, groups of samples were packed into sturdy rice bags and dispatched. If more testing or processing is required, the leftover coarse reject sections of the samples are kept in storage.
Red Pine has put in place a quality-control mechanism to abide by industry standards for the sampling and evaluation of drill cores. Red Pine includes random standards, blanks, and duplicates in addition to external gold standards (low to high grade) and blanks in its QA/QC program.