Aurcana Corporation has reported that all permits required for the Shafter silver mine to commence production have been received.
The final permit was to amend a water discharge permit which allows the Shafter mine to increase operations from 900 tonnes per day to 1500 tonnes per day. Approval for this permit amendment was received on Wednesday, November 2, 2011. The Shafter mine is now fully permitted.
"We are pleased to report that all permits are now 100% approved for the development of the Shafter mine in Texas. With the mine completion date only six months away and the last of the permits received the mine is now fully prepared to begin silver production in the second quarter of 2012," reported Lenic Rodriguez, President and CEO of Aurcana Corporation.
The Shafter silver mine is on schedule to complete construction in May, 2012. Once complete and production is at full capacity the Shafter silver mine will be the second largest pure silver producing mine in the U.S. and it will produce about 10% of all U.S. silver.
Shafter Mine Construction Milestones for 2011 and 2012
Listed below are the remaining construction milestones for completing the Shafter mine and mill by May, 2012.
- Delivery of 2nd set of mining equipment will start arriving in December. The mine is now operating 24/7 and ramp development is expected to be at block #3 in January.
- Thickener and leach tanks is scheduled to be completed in December.
- Ball mill will be installed on pedestal this month.
- Merrill Crowe and refinery is complete and is ready to be shipped.
- Filter presses are schedule to be installed January.
- Assay Lab construction to start in January.