Aurcana Corporation ("Aurcana" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that the commissioning and testing phase has been successfully completed and the Shafter Mine in Texas is now in commercial production.
Mr. Lenic Rodriguez, President and CEO of Aurcana Corporation, said: "I am very pleased to announce that commercial production at Shafter mine in Texas has started. By commencing production at Shafter, Aurcana achieves yet another important milestone in our pursuit to become a senior silver producer."
Shafter Commercial Production Updates
- The assets at the Shafter Mine are ready for their intended use and the plant is now operating on a continuous basis at an average rate of 600tpd.
- The secondary escape-way has been completed and the mine has received all necessary permits, allowing for the underground mining to start.
- The mine had commenced developing 3 underground stopes and these stopes are currently producing ore.
- Processing of lower grade open pit ore, initially mined during the plant commissioning and testing phase, has been discontinued. The plant is currently processing higher grade underground ore exclusively.
- The Shafter Mine currently employs 152 personnel allowing for a continuous operation. Additional underground miners have been recruited and will join the Shafter mine in January 2013, as the Shafter mine ramps up.
- Aurcana has implemented a production ramp up plan to gradually increase production towards the phase I planned capacity of 1,500tpd, as mining operations proceed.
- As part of the ramp up plan, the installation of additional thickener tanks, increasing the processing capacity of the plant, will be commissioned early Q1, 2013. In addition, upgraded filters will be installed in Q2 2013.
- Initial production results from the Shafter mine are expected to be included in Aurcana's Q1 2013 financial results.