Nkwe Platinum Limited (a company incorporated in Bermuda) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Zijin Mining Group. Nkwe Platinum Limited is the holder of a 74% undivided share in the Mining Right in respect of the Zijin Garatau Platinum Mine, the remaining 26% undivided share is held by Genorah Resources (Pty) Limited.
Nkwe Platinum Limited has appointed South Africa Zijin Platinum (Pty) Ltd as its contractor to manage the day to day operations at the Zijin Garatau Platinum Mine on its behalf.
The Zijin Garatau Platinum Mine is located on the Eastern Limb of the Bushveld Complex, about 25 km north-west of Steelpoort and 30 km west-north-west of Burgersfort in Limpopo Province, South Africa.
The processing capacity of Garatau is anticipated to average 3.6 million tonnes of ore per annum once full capacity is achieved in a few years’ time. The life of the mine is estimated to be in excess of 29 years and once fully operational, will employ some 2500 people.
Exploration Company / Junior MinerPlatinum, Gold, Silver
The Thermo Scientific ARL X’TRA Companion represents an excellent choice for routine analysis with its advanced/Bragg-Brentano benchtop X-Ray diffractometer configuration. It incorporates cutting-edge technological elements to ensure precision, accuracy, safety, and user-friendliness.
The Avio® 550 Max is a compact, fully simultaneous ICP-OES instrument with Scott/Cross-FlowTechnology.
ATLAS is a state-of-the-art TPMS telematics gateway that allows monitoring all your sensors with a single device.
AZoMining speaks to Francois Nell at Sandvik about the importance of mining sustainability and why equipment rebuilding and upgrades play their part in reducing fuel consumption.
AZoMining speaks to Philip Gross, CEO of Snow Lake Lithium, about the development of the world's first electric lithium mine. This is a particularly important development within mining and highlights the significance of accelerating green mining across the world.
Prof. James Tour
AZoMining speaks with James Tour from Rice University about his team's exciting method that has the very real potential to recover valuable REE from three types of waste; electronic waste, coal fly ash and bauxite residue.