The "General Mineral Mining Market Global Briefing 2017" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The general mineral mining industry includes establishments involved in mining construction sand and gravel, industrial sand, kaolin and ball clay, clay and ceramic and refractory minerals. This market also includes companies carrying out potash, soda and borate mineral, phosphate rock, and other chemical and fertilizer minerals mining.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the general mineral mining market in 2016, accounting for around 37% of the market. This was mainly due to large market for chemical and fertilizers in the region, thereby driving extraction of mineral pigments, potash, sulfur and rock salt mining. North America was the second largest region accounting for around 22% of the market. Eastern Europe was the seventh largest region accounting for around 4% of the market.
Companies involved in potash mining are increasingly using potash solution mining techniques to improve extraction efficiency and increase profitability. Potash solution mining involves boring injection and recovery wells into the ground. A heated brine solution is injected into the deposit to dissolve the potash salts. The dissolved salts are then extracted to the surface and potash is separated and conditioned. Conventional mining of potash is associated with technical problems and additional costs. Solution mining results in a lower environmental footprint for the operating facilities, lower technical risks, higher extract ratio and faster lead time and lower investment costs than conventional mining process. Companies such as Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan, Mosaic, Intrepid Potash, and Western Potash are operating using potash solution mining technique in various mining projects.
- Markets Covered: Others (Agate, Alabaster, Asphalt, Garnet, Mica, Magnesite, Vermiculite, Baryte, Fluorspar, Diamond (gem.)), Potash, Salt, Sulfur, Kaolin, Asbestos, Feldspar, Boron, Gypsum, Talc, Graphite, Bentonite, Diatomite, Lithium, Selenium, Perlite, Arsenic, and Diamond (Industrial).
- Time Series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- CRH Plc
- Israel Corporation Ltd.
- OCP S.A.
- The Mosaic Company
- Vulcan Materials Company
- Lafargeholcim Ltd
- Martin Marietta Aggregates
- Cemex S.A.B. de C.V.
- Mitsubishi Cement Corp