Nov 5 2019
Copperstone Resources has reported that the VDD0203 and VDD0204 assay results have been received from ALS laboratories and compiled by Copperstone, which have been verified by the QP.
- VDD0203 intersected substantial copper and gold mineralization.
- VDD0204 intersected substantial copper and cobalt mineralization.
- VDD0205 visually seems to have intersected sporadic iron/copper mineralization and was drilled about 250 m below VDD0195. Assays are pending.
Dear shareholder, we are pleased to deliver the most amazing shallow intersections in the absolute world-class mining jurisdiction of Kiruna, Sweden.
Michael Mattsson, CEO, Copperstone Resources
- VDD0203 intersected 20 m at 1.27% Cu from 26 m, comprising 5 m at 2.99% Cu and 0.25 g/ton of gold from 39 m downhole depth.
- VDD0204 intersected the A zone main zone and the footwall lode copper, respectively, on three sites: 18 m at 1.22% Cu including 3 m at 3.28% Cu from 60 m, 5 m at 0.48% Cu from 112 m, and 2 m at 0.63% Cu from 122 m.
- Furthermore, VDD0204 intersected important cobalt zones 3 m at 0.19% Co from 62 m and 2 m at 0.23% Co from 122 m.
- The first D zone drilling VDD0205 finished at 929.3 m at the north deep shoot intersected the copper-rich ironstone. The lab assays are yet to be received.
- The drill began the second D zone hole VDD0206, at the south deep shoot target, scheduled for 700 m. The hole completion is anticipated by mid-November.
Assay of the hole VDD0203 yielded 20 m at 1.27% Cu, from 26 m borehole depth, validating the mineralization intersected historically by D-3166 on Viscaria A main zone. The intersection comprises 5 m at 2.99% Cu and 0.25 g/ton gold from 39 m downhole.
VDD0204 during Phase 1 drilling was mostly to test the Copper-Cobalt potential in the A zone. VDD0204 is situated along strike, 25 m northeast of the historical intersection. The borehole crossed the A main zone and the footwall lode mineralization:
- The A main zone: 18 m at 1.22% Cu from 60 m borehole depth, including 03 m at 3.28% Cu from 74 m borehole depth
- The footwall lodes: 5 m at 0.48% Cu from 112 m, and 2 m at 0.63 m% Cu and 0.24% Co from 122 m borehole depth
The target has been successfully intersected, with irregular visible chalcopyrite rich ironstone between borehole depth of 863 and 894 m. The company is transporting the samples to the lab, and only the lab result could verify the implication of the intercept.
Conclusions and Next Steps
- The completion of A zone drilling established the dependability of the historical drilling, and the possibility of shallow gold and cobalt.
- The A zone exhibits substantial gold mineralization at the south deep high-grade copper deposit. However, the shallow historical drilling is weakly assayed for gold and cobalt.
- The results are very reassuring for the gold and cobalt potential, although the inquiries are in the initial stage.
- Soon after the D zone deep drilling, the Phase 2 drilling campaign on the A zone will commence.
- The Phase 2 drilling campaign objectives will be to upgrade the shallow copper resources and to describe a potential resource for gold and cobalt.
Viscaria is no doubt one of the most exciting projects in Sweden, where we have several attractive base and precious metals commodities such as copper, iron, gold, and cobalt. Our technical team is growing, a great step for Copperstone to start the feasibility studies.
Maurice Zongo, Project Geologist, Copperstone Resources
“I am very pleased with the ongoing drill program at our future mine site at Viscaria and how this company is operating. Our technical team identified a shallow copper-cobalt potential and (in addition to the designed drill holes at the Sunstone geological handover session, Management received Board’s approval to execute on VDD0204,” commented CEO Michael Mattsson.