White Gold Corp. has announced the start of the 2022 drill program on its Betty property’s Betty Ford and Mascot targets. The Betty property is ideally positioned in the Company’s southern land package, approximately 15 km of Western Copper and Gold Corporation’s Casino porphyry deposit and 40 km east of Newmont Corporation’s Coffee gold deposit.
This drill program is an initiative of the Company’s completely funded $6 million exploration program in the developing White Gold District of Yukon, which is funded by corporate partners Agnico Eagle Mines Limited and Kinross Gold Corporation.
Our 2021 maiden diamond drill program on the Betty Ford target returned one of the best holes drilled in the district, intersecting 3.46 g/t gold over 50m from near surface. We are eager to follow up on this exciting discovery to further test the extents of the broad gold zone encountered.
David D’Onofrio, Chief Executive Officer, White Gold Corp.
“We are also excited to commence a maiden diamond drill program at the Mascot Target that hosts three large gold mineralized zones, which we believe may be indicative of the presence of a broader gold system. Our Betty property is located in close proximity to existing large gold and copper deposits along the same fault structure. We look forward to further advancing this prospective and underexplored property,” added D’Onofrio.
Highlights of 2022 Betty Drilling Program Include:
- Extra RC drilling is scheduled on the property, such as the Betty Black target, which is placed right on the Coffee Creek Fault roughly 5 km west-northwest of Betty Ford, and the Betty Grable target, which may replicate a strike extension of the Betty Ford 1.5 km to the west.
- The Betty Ford target will be drilled to check the depth and strike levels of the gold mineralized zone specified in the last season’s maiden diamond drilling program, which consisted of 3.46 g/t Au over 50 m in hole BETFD21D003 and 1.17 g/t Au over 48.0 m in hole BETFD21D001.
- The Mascot target, situated approximately 5 km southeast of Betty Ford, is being drilled for the first time. Drilling is focusing on three established gold mineralized zones (Page, Boop, and Davis), where historical RC drilling discovered important gold and silver mineralization, such as 2.62 g/t Au & 107 g/t Ag over 41.1 m in hole BETR12-022 at Page, 29.75 g/t Au over 3.1 m in BETR12-012 and 2.19 g/t Au over 10.7 m. This also includes 6.05 g/t Au over 3.1 m in BETR12-014 at Boop, and 1.48 g/t Au over 21.3 m in BETR12-007 at Davis.
- Approximately 2,200 m of diamond drilling and 1,650 m of reverse circulation (RC) drilling is planned, with the Betty Ford and Mascot targets receiving the majority of the attention.
- On the Company’s website, there is a video that gives a comprehensive overview of the 2022 exploration program.
A Company News Release dated May 18, 2022, provided an outline of the intended Betty drill program for 2022. To date, the Company has done the early phase of diamond drilling at the White Gold property’s Ryan’s Surprise and Ulli’s Ridge targets, with additional facts given in a Company News Release dated June 13, 2022.
When the Betty drill program is finished, the diamond drill rig will revert to the White Gold property to continue drilling on Ryan’s Surprise.
Later this season, RAB drilling will be conducted to test targets along the Ryan’s Trend, a 6.5-km long NNW gold and arsenic soil geochemical trend covering approximately 2 km west of the Golden Saddle and Arc deposits, as well as the Ryan’s Surprise and Ulli’s discoveries. The Company will publish assay findings for all drill programs as they become accessible and are analyzed.