Goldbrook Ventures Inc. (TSX VENTURE:GBK) has announced completion of a successful summer exploration program on its Raglan project, Ungava, Quebec.
Contractors, equipment and support personnel were based at the Belanger and Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) camp sites since mid June and carried out the aggressive exploration and drilling program planned for the summer season.
Belanger Camp supported a large exploration program on the western portion of the Goldbrook properties, and an eastern Camp in Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) supported activities in the eastern tenures. Geological field crews mobilized to these camps during week of June 21st.
Goldbrook's 2010 Exploration Program Summary
- Core Drilling: A total of 23,075 metres was drilled on the property. New sulphide mineralization was discovered in several areas. Assay results are pending.
- Base-of-Till Sampling: 246 Base-of-till holes were drilled by a percussion drill rig over targets on the Eastern properties where glacial till cover had hindered previous exploration. Basal till samples were collected from all of these holes and bedrock chip samples were collected from 194 drillholes. Field XRF analyses of base-of-till samples allowed for "live" interpretation of results and immediate follow-up where Ni-Cu values warranted. New ultramafic bodies were identified and lab geochemical results are pending.
- Surface Till Sampling: 6777 Till samples were collected over glacial till covered geophysical targets. Field XRF analyses of till samples allowed for "live" interpretation of results and immediate follow-up. Lab geochemical results are pending.
- Moss Matt and Stream Sediment Sampling: 116 Moss Matt and Stream Sediment samples were collected covering regional areas that have seen limited previous work.
- Ground Geophysics: Approximately 2,050 line kilometres of ground magnetic surveys were completed over approximately 32 airborne magnetic anomalies to provide higher resolution data for drill targeting.
- Geological Mapping and Prospecting: 12 Prospectors, 15 geologists, and several geosciences students plus local Inuit field assistants were employed through the work program and evaluated over 50 high priority target areas by prospecting and geological mapping, resulting in the discovery of new nickel sulphide mineralization in several areas. More than 3500 geological field stations and 1250 rock samples were collected. Results are currently being compiled and assays are pending.
- Personnel: From mid-June to late September, 80 to 115 employees and contractors were on site at the Kangiqsujuaq and Belanger Camps.
Goldbrook has received the final payment of Cdn$1,000,000 for the 2010 exploration program budget of $17,500,000 from Jilin Jien Nickel Industry Co., Ltd. of Panshi, China. This program has been an aggressive expansion from the previous, and successful, exploration focus on the Belanger Trend into new, and high potential geological target areas. The successful program tested positive results of geological, geophysical, prospecting and remote sensing surveys completed in previous years. This ongoing exploration has discovered extensive nickel-copper-PGE sulphides at the Mystery and Timtu zones, further developed the potential of Getty, Sylvie, Pad and Bravo zones, and with the pending results of the 2010 program Goldbrook expects to see additional potential identified.
Kevin Wells, PGeo (Quebec Special Authorization No. 155), General Manager, is a Qualified Person as defined by NI 43-101 and has reviewed and verified the information contained and is responsible for the technical content of this news release.
Source: Goldbrook Ventures Inc.