The directors of SIRIOS RESOURCES INC. are pleased to report that, following a new visual exam of some drilling samples from the 2012-2013 campaign of the Cheechoo project, the presence of visible gold has been detected in three witness half drill core samples.
The most remarkable observation came from a sample that yielded 2.52 g/t in gold at depth from 86.00 m to 87.50 m in hole #02*. The sample displays a several millimetre cluster composed of multiple points of free gold of which the individual size can reach half of a millimetre. Visible gold was also detected in two separate sections in hole #03. It was observed in the sample yielding 25.90 g/t in gold at depth from 119.00 m to 120.00 m and again, in a sample yielding 10.70 g/t in gold at depth from 3.40 m to 4.00 m.
The new examination of the core was done by geologists that were selecting sample types for detailed petrographic observation under a microscope. The presence of relatively abundant coarse gold in a rather low grade sample (2.52 g/t) confirms the need to consider a potential heterogeneous gold distribution, commonly known as the "nugget effect". Thus, techniques of assays on the Cheechoo core samples need to be re-evaluated. Consequently, all the samples from the drilling #03 will be re-analyzed, but now using the gold fire-assay with Metallic Seives process. This drill hole had throughout its length, a continuous section of 128.6 metres yielding 0.65 g/t in gold (weighted average and uncut) which included 56 metres grading 1.09 g/t (refer to the release of 12th February 2013). The new results will be compared to the initial results obtained in last February in order to determine the impact of this erratic coarse gold on the grade estimation. It is possible that the other sections of the drill hole #01 and #02 will be reanalyzed.
Photographs of the visible gold observed in the 2.52 g/t Au sample are available on the following links :
The preparatory works toward the next drilling campaign are still under way. Sirios presently holds 45% interest in the Cheechoo project and is in the process of acquiring the remaining 55% held by Golden Valley Mines Ltd (TSX VENTURE:GZZ), as described in the 9 April, 2013 and 19 June, 2013 press releases.
*The prefixes CH-919-12 were removed from the # of the drills to lighten the text.