Gold Bull Resources Corp, a gold-focused exploration and development company announced that the drilling program is advancing as scheduled at its wholly-owned Sandman Project situated in Humboldt County, Nevada, USA.
Assays obtained from the initial batch of samples submitted to the lab are expected to be received in March.
Highlights and Update
- Sandman drilling program has been advancing as per plan and is currently in progress
- Nine holes were finished for 1,722 m (5,648 ft) of a total scheduled 4,035 m (13,238 ft)
- The initial batch of assay results are expected soon, in March
The Sandman drilling program is progressing very well on the ground. We eagerly await assay results. In the meantime, the exploration team is working through surface geochemical and geophysical results from the Windmill target area, as well as newly recovered paper records from historic drilling at the Ten Mile prospect. It is nice to see gold hit $1900 in the middle of our drill program.
Cherie Leeden, CEO, Gold Bull Resources Corp
Sandman’s current drilling program began on January 12th, 2022, and is progressing as planned. Nine holes have been completed, totaling 1,722 m (5,648 ft) of the 4,035 m (13,238 ft) planned, with one more hole in progress at the time of writing.
Holes have been finished at North Hill, inclusive of a scout hole west of the Mineral Resource Estimate, the Midway target area and at Silica Ridge. The rig will shift to Abel Knoll following the next break.
So far, no assay results have been obtained from the present drilling program. Assays obtained from the first batch of samples submitted to the laboratory are anticipated near the second week of March, on the basis of prior laboratory performance.
- Drilling started at Sandman on January 12th, 2022, and is anticipated to continue until the end of March. Samples are being submitted to the laboratory in small batches, which will lead to assays being offered over several weeks.
- A small drilling program performed at the Big Balds project might follow Sandman, depending upon ground conditions and weather.
- Laboratory assay leads to lag geochemical samples gathered in the Windmill target area have been obtained and are being combined with the CSAMT results to produce new drill targets.
- A lag geochemical sampling program has been completed over the northern part of the Midway target area, collectively with extensions to the Windmill sampling. Assay results are expected.
- Paper records gathered from historic drilling at the Ten Mile deposit have been recovered and are being digitized to allow modeling of the mineralized intercepts. This is anticipated to result in the scheduling of a follow-up or confirmation drilling program.
The Ten Mile underground workings consist of high-grade gold mineralization.
In December 2020, Gold Bull acquired the Sandman Project from Newmont. Gold mineralization was initially discovered at Sandman in 1987 by Kennecott and the project has been intermittently explored ever since.
There are four well-known pits constrained gold resources situated within the Sandman Project, comprising 21.8 Mt @ 0.7 g/t gold for 494,000 ounces of gold; consisting of an Indicated Resource of 18,550 kt @ 0.73 g/t gold for 433 kozs of gold plus an Inferred Resource of 3,246 kt @ 0.58 g/t gold for 61 kozs of gold.
Numerous resources continue to be open in multiple directions and the majority of the historical drilling has been carried out to a depth measuring below 100 m. The comfortable location of Sandman is circa 25 to 30 km northwest of the mining town of Winnemucca, in Nevada.