Posted in | News | Gold | Copper | Silver

Copper Mountain Mining Sends First Batch of Concentrate to Japan

The Copper Mountain Mining Corporation announced that it had completed loading its first shipment of concentrate to Japan from the Copper Mountain Mine.

The first shipment consisted of 11,200 wet metric tonnes of concentrate containing about 5.6 million pounds of payable copper, 40,600 ounces of payable silver and 2,470 ounces of payable gold.

Jim O'Rourke the Chief Executive Officer and President of Copper Mountain Mining Corporation said that in just 16 months since receiving their permits to build on April 1, 2010 the company had reached their goal of sending their first shipment of copper concentrate to Japan for processing at their partners' smelter in Onahama. They were all very pleased with the team's accomplishment in such a short time.

The shipment was loaded at the new loading facility which had been constructed for Copper Mountain and the process took close to 18 hours. The MV Polaris Melody is likely to reach the Onahama port in Japan by September 21, 2011. The unloading and transportation of the ore concentrate to Mitsubishi’s Onahama smelter for processing will be then carried out.

Copper Mountain Mining Corporation is a Canadian resource company which is traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company owns 75% of the Copper Mountain Mine project while Mitubishi Materials Corporation owns the remaining 25% stake in the mine.

The Copper Mountain Mine is located 20 km south of the city of Princeton in British Columbia. It is estimated to have about 5 billion pounds of copper. Production has recently commenced at the mine which is spread over 18,000 acres in the region.

Joel Scanlon

Written by

Joel Scanlon

Joel, originally from the UK, emigrated to Australia in 1995 and spent 5 years working in the mining industry as an exploration Geo-technician where he developed skills in GIS Mapping and CAD. Joel also spent a year working underground in a gold/copper mine. Upon moving to the North Coast of NSW, Australia Joel worked as a graphic designer for a leading consultancy firm before starting a successful business providing graphic and web design services to local businesses on the eastern seaboard of Australia. Joel is skilled in project management, content production, design, animation, database and networking, software, and editing. Joel has been with AZoNetwork since its inception in 2000.

Citations

Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:

  • APA

    Copper Mountain Mining Corporation. (2019, February 18). Copper Mountain Mining Sends First Batch of Concentrate to Japan. AZoMining. Retrieved on November 29, 2021 from https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=4899.

  • MLA

    Copper Mountain Mining Corporation. "Copper Mountain Mining Sends First Batch of Concentrate to Japan". AZoMining. 29 November 2021. <https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=4899>.

  • Chicago

    Copper Mountain Mining Corporation. "Copper Mountain Mining Sends First Batch of Concentrate to Japan". AZoMining. https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=4899. (accessed November 29, 2021).

  • Harvard

    Copper Mountain Mining Corporation. 2019. Copper Mountain Mining Sends First Batch of Concentrate to Japan. AZoMining, viewed 29 November 2021, https://www.azomining.com/News.aspx?newsID=4899.

Tell Us What You Think

Do you have a review, update or anything you would like to add to this news story?

Leave your feedback
Submit