Atlas Copco offers Boomer E2 C, an advanced hydraulic face drilling rig that can be used for both medium and large sized tunnels and drifts with cross sections of about 112 m2. The computerized Rig Control System (RCS) with intelligent functionality controls the drilling process and ensures improved productivity, high accuracy, increased uptime and reduced expenditures. The rig features two flexible and durable COP 3038 rock drills and BUT 45 booms for maximized productivity.
The product features of the Boomer E2 C are:
- COP 3038 rock drills guarantee high-speed drilling. The dual-damping system reduces wear for extended lifespan.
- BUT 45 heavy-duty booms ensure direct, rapid and precise positioning. Superior flexibility and reach are achieved through a 2500 mm feed extension and double rotation units with ±135 degrees feed rotation and ±190 degrees feed rollover.
- RCS controls drilling and positioning in order to ensure high accuracy and productivity, and provides a number of automation levels to suit specific needs.
- Low-emission diesel engine offers powerful performance and has low environmental impact.
The applications of the Boomer E2 C are:
- Building and infrastructural renovation
- Raise boring
- Road construction
- Surface drilling
- Underwater drilling
- Tunnelling/face drilling
- Foundation construction
- Ground engineering
- Rock and soil reinforcement