The Boomer L2 C model from Atlas Copco is a sophisticated hydraulic face drilling rig designed for medium-sized tunnels and drifts with cross section of about 104 m2. The rig features two rugged and durable COP rock drills and BUT 35 booms for enhanced productivity. The computerized Rig Control System with intelligent functionality controls the drilling process and helps ensure better productivity, high accuracy, increased uptime and reduced expenditures.
The product features of the Boomer L2 C are:
- Rig Control System handles drilling and positioning for high accuracy and productivity, and provides a number of automation levels to suit individual requirements.
- A sophisticated carrier design ensures operator comfort and ease of maintenance.
- COP 1638, COP 1838 or COP 2238 rock drill covers different rock conditions; all drills include a dual-damping system for long operating life.
- BUT 35 heavy-duty booms allow direct, quick and easy positioning.
- Low-emission diesel engine offers powerful performance and has low environmental impact.
The applications of the Boomer L2 C are:
- Road construction
- Rock and soil reinforcement
- Foundation construction
- Building and infrastructural renovation
- Surface drilling
- Underwater drilling
- Raise boring
- Tunnelling/face drilling
- Ground engineering