The Boomer E3 C is a sophisticated hydraulic face drilling rig from Atlas Copco, which is ideal for large-sized tunnels with cross sections of about 137 m2. The rig includes three flexible and rugged COP rock drills and BUT 45 booms for optimized productivity. The reliable computerized Rig Control System (RCS) with an intelligent functionality handles the drilling process to ensure improved productivity, high precision, increased uptime and reduced costs.
The product features of the Boomer E3 C are:
- COP 1838 or COP 2238 rock drills cover different kinds of rock conditions; both drills include a dual-damping system to ensure extended lifespan.
- BUT 45 heavy-duty booms allow direct, quick and precise positioning. Superior flexibility and reach are achieved through a 2500 mm feed extension and double rotation units with ±135 degrees feed rotation and ±190 degrees feed rollover.
- RCS handles drilling and positioning for high accuracy and productivity, and provides a number of automation levels to suit individual needs.
- Low-emission diesel engine offers powerful performance and has low environmental impact.
- In order to ensure ergonomics and operator safety, the rig is equipped with a safe and comfortable cabin.
The applications of the Boomer E3 C are:
- Surface drilling
- Underwater drilling
- Raise boring
- Tunnelling/face drilling
- Ground engineering
- Road construction
- Rock and soil reinforcement
- Foundation construction
- Building and infrastructural renovation